The sun is shining down on us and everyone here at Bow & Crossbones would like to wish a
Happy Cinco de Mayo
to anyone celebrating this weekend!
It's time to pull out your best satin shoes, grab a partner and get your Jarabe Tapatío on the dance floor!
For any lovelies who aren't familiar with this colourful chance to party, here's a quick Top 5 Facts;
- Cinco de Mayo, literally meaning Fifth of May, celebrates the Anniversary of the 1862 Battle of Puebla when the Mexican army defeated the troops of Napoleon III.
2. The most popular food to be eaten in Puebla on Cinco de Mayo will probably be Mole Poblano, a complex, dark and thick saucy dish involving chili, chocolate and spices.
3. The people of the Peñón de los Baños, Mexico City will present their annual play depicting the Cinco de Mayo battle. As the French invaders take on the Mexican army some skirmishes will use real gunpowder rifles! Yikes!
4. Over 600,000 Los Angeleans will gather for the annual Festival de Fiesta Broadway which is the largest Cinco de Mayo event in the world.
5. You don't need to be Mexican to enjoy Cinco de Mayo! This is a time to celebrate all the things hispanic culture has to offer, so take the opportunity to dive into this fabulous fiesta.
Now, where's my sombrero?
B&C Team xox